Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Story

A friend recently asked me how I got started with Melaleuca. I love to share this story because it was a pretty significant event in my life. I wanted to share it with you.

On superbowl Sunday in 06 we went to church in the evening. There had been a roof leak at the church and there was black mold growing in a closet in the basement. I had asthma and the mold sent me into the worst asthma attack I had ever had. I had to leave within minutes and had to use my inhaler 4 times that evening to stay out of the ER. The next day I was at the dr. and was given all the steroids and inhalers that they use to treat asthma and because of that my immune system tanked and I ended up in February with double ear infections! 4 antibiotics later I still had the ear infections and I was exhausted! I slept 9 hrs at night and put the kids in their room for "quiet time" during the day so I could nap. I was SO frustrated. I remember asking the dr if they could give me something to help build up my immune system so my body could fight the ear infections--they just said they had to get rid of the infections first. More frustration!

I was telling a friend of mine that story at a homeschooling co-op and she asked me if I had ever heard of Melaleuca. I said, "What's that? It sounds like skin cancer." She laughed and told me that it's a manufacturing company and they make natural products and when her husband had prostate cancer he took the vitamins and had lots of energy. That was what perked my interest so I said we'd listen. We saw the presentation and by the end I told my husband I wasn't interested. My husband reassured me, and said since we can get all our money back, we should at least try it, so we did! I enrolled March 28. A week later after taking the vitamins my energy levels skyrocketed and I had friends asking me what I was doing differently. With help from my mentor I showed 9 of those friends what I was doing and had made $435! My business had been born! Now 4 years later my average check is almost 4x larger, and it comes in every month  after working part-time. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment